Sunday, June 16, 2013

Superman

Did you see Superman: Man of Steel? I went Friday with one of the sisters and thought the message was inspiring. It was a great time because we went to a drive-in theater, always an exciting time (and it has been at least twenty years since having this experience). The trailer is included mainly because I marvel how the plot fits our own reality today. It broke box office records, even up against Toy Story 3 (yes, I saw that as well). The power of this message is so fitting, and I recall being a child and seeing the Christopher Reeves as Superman with my dad, so this was reminiscent of those feelings of astonishment back in the day. Oftentimes we see in these films people who are following a path like our own as Christians, sometimes we even recognize the Christ figure in the characters. I left hopeful about the world. And, also knowing that each of us have a part to play in how it all rolls out. So, I suggest seeing it if you are in need of hope and want to experience some quality action.

This week we begin our community Chapter meetings. We will be discussing how we want to move forward as a community and electing new leadership for the congregation. We will complete the days and then head into Jubilee celebrations for Sisters and Associates who have been committed 15, 25, 40, 50 years and so on, this will be June 30.  I will be on hiatus and ask that you pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment